May 3, 2009
Wow. If this rainy gloomy weather doesn't break soon, I'm going to...break that is. This is AWFUL!!! I need some sunshine, quick, before the mold monster consumes me (yes, Virginia, there IS a mold monster and he lives at MY house). Not to mention the fact that the weeds in my yard are enormous and may be evolving into some new life form. But how does one mow when the grass is so wet, water flies just from walking through the yard and the mud is deep enough to suck you to China? What a depressing start to the month. Hope your month is starting off with some sunshine...and if it is, could I come for a visit?
May 8, 2009
This may or may not be true...but it's good either way. It's one of those things that makes the rounds on the internet and it was just sent to me again by a friend. In picture format, which I though was pretty cool. So I'm sharing it with you. The message is solid. Hope you enjoy it.
May 10, 2009
Wishing all mothers everywhere a very special and wonderful Mother's Day. May you be pampered today and shown how much value you have, how important you are to your children (young and old, grown or not) and how critical your contribution is to the lives of your children. Have a blessed day!
May 25, 2009
Normally, I would feel fairly comfortable with our President and the way he would be honoring those who have sacrificed and served our country to maintain the freedoms we enjoy in this country. To be sure, our country is not perfect. But we do enjoy a great deal of freedom...or we did until our recent President took office and began to very quickly whittle away at some of those things many of us hold dear. It frightens me when a man in power begins to build more and more and more of a power base, playing chess with executives of large corporations, redistributing wealth (where did HIS wealth come from, by the way?) by giving handouts to those who have entered our country illegally while heavily taxing those of us who have worked hard to obtain the little we have, by dictating which businesses will go into bankruptcy and which will get bailed out, by supporting unions (can you say "big business") who cause us to be less competitive in the global market, who thinks nothing of supporting full term abortion (murder of a viable life)...you get the idea. This man bowed to our enemies...those people who have vowed to kill and destroy America. He is protective of terrorists! Terrorists!!! I am deeply troubled by the conduct of this man who is our President. Has nothing to do with the color of skin. Should have never had anything to do with that. It should be about what he stands for, who he honorably represents, who and what he is fighting for, what kind of character he has, what kind of experience he has and what kind of a leader he is. So far, I am not impressed. In fact, I'm alarmed.
Today, of all days, I can only hope he, along with the rest of our nation, will remember those who have fought for us, died for us, sacrificed for this wonderful, imperfect, beautiful country. Considering his conduct, his disregard for things we have long held sacred and things we have worked so hard to achieve, I'm am doubtful that he will honorably represent us. Oh, the teleprompter may allow him to say the right words and he will probably say them in the right way, just like any actor on a stage. But where is his heart? That is what frightens me.
I hope I'm wrong. I hope he truly is a man of honor who believes in this country and who will fight for the freedoms so many have died to protect. But I'm doubtful. And afraid.
The Audacity of Unawareness
Barack Obama, through his spokesman, claimed that he was unaware of the tax day tea parties. Granted, the MSM has done a good job in suppressing any sort of coverage ahead of time (and the little coverage they did provide was derisive at best). but how out of touch is the Community Organizer in Chief, really?
- He was unaware that he was attending a church (for 20 years) with a racist pastor who hates America.
- He was unaware that he was family friends with, and started his political career in the living room of, a domestic terrorist.
- He was unaware that he had invested in two speculative companies backed by some of his top donors right after taking office in 2005.
- He was unaware that his own aunt was living in the US illegally.
- He was unaware that his own brother lives on pennies a day in a hut in Kenya.
- He was unaware of the AIG bonuses that he and his administration approved and signed into a bill.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of Commerce was under investigation in a bribery scandal.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of Health and Human Services was a tax cheat.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be his Secretary of the Treasury was a tax cheat.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be the U.S. Trade Representative was a tax cheat.
- He was unaware that the woman he nominated to be his Chief Performance Officer was a tax cheat.
- He was unaware that the man he nominated to be #2 at the Environmental Protection Agency was under investigation for mismanaging $25 million in EPA grants.
For the love of God, there are people in comas that are more aware of world affairs than this guy.
Posted by TexasRainmaker